xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'> A Modern Gentleman and Lady: Shrimp and Asparagus Salad

Friday, March 11, 2016

Shrimp and Asparagus Salad

This meal prep idea could not be any easier. Plus, it's delicious.  I cut up asparagus, season it with a Mediterranean seasoning blend, and stem it.  I use a bamboo basket that I just put over a pan of boiling water.  If you do it this way, you just have to check a couple things.

Tip 1: Make sure that the basket fits on top and won't slip down.
Tip 2: Make sure there is enough water that it won't dry out during the cooking process (I've made this mistake before, not pretty) and make sure the water is not so deep that it reaches the basket
Tip 3: Use parchment paper.  It's great for easy clean up.
Tip 4: Make sure the parchment paper does not cover the whole space.  There needs to be empty spaces so that the steam can rise up.

I steam the asparagus for 4 minutes.  While that is steaming, I get my shrimp ready and season it with Mediterranean seasoning as well.  Once the asparagus has steamed for 4 minutes, I add the shrimp and top and steam everything for two minutes.  Six minutes and it's done.


I add this to a salad mixture for a yummy easy salad.  I prefer it with kale.  Also I use a mustard dressing.  The mustard, Mediterranean seasoning and shrimp compliment each other so well.  Now if you are trying to use less dressing on your salads, just add more seasoning.

Happy Meal Prepping!


No comments:

Post a Comment